Entrepreneurs interested in locating their business in the Syracuse
Technology Garden must:
- Fill out an application form (download word
doc or PDF)
- Provide a written business plan
- Have some form of business organization (not an individual)
- Offer a high-tech product or service that can be commercialized
The Admissions Committee review of each application includes, but
is not limited to, answering the following questions:
- Is the applicant a potential "Net Wealth Generator"?
- Is there potential for significant annual revenue growth and
- Is there a market for applicant's product/service beyond Central
New York (CNY)?
- Have applicant principals demonstrated personal investment/commitment
beyond "sweat equity"?
- Does the applicant intend to stay in the CNY region?
- Can the applicant benefit from services offered by the Syracuse
- Is the applicant committed to regularly meet with and update
- Have applicant's principal owners passed credit and reference
- Will applicant's on-site operations be environmentally sound
Client Graduation Criteria
Syracuse Technology Garden clients are eligible for graduation if
- Achieve $2 million in annual revenues
- Employ 20 full time employees
- Are acquired by another company
- Conduct an Initial Public Offering
- Raise an investment round of $2 million or more from venture
capital or other investment sources
Clients may be asked to leave the Technology Garden if they:
- Have spent three years at the facility without meeting graduation
- Have violated the terms and conditions of their lease or other
- Are delinquent in payment of rent
Any of the above requirements and conditions can be waived based
at the discretion of the Admissions Committee and/or Garden management.